View article without comments

photos.indymedia.org
by Chris Friday March 26, 2004 at 03:04 PM
chrisc@indymedia.org

I have thought that a global photos site would be a great project for ages.

It's quite a lot of work to set it up and work out the details though...

See the http://lists.indymedia.org/new-project list for where this could be proposed, also perhas create a wiki page for it? and a dedicated list?

Dunno, soooo much to do, sooo little time!

add your comments

print + photo
by mark cimino Tuesday March 30, 2004 at 12:05 AM
altpapersparks@yahoo.com 202-462-3270

Raven & Mike,

This is Mark C. in DC. I am with the print group that is working on an alternative weekly called the Washington Spark. We are very much into some kind of set up where ALL the print groups could share hi-resolution photos. Having hi-res photos on hand for the usual suspects (landmarks, politicians, corporations, etc.) would really help all the indy newpapers, especially ones on tight deadlines.

So yes, cataloguing is important.

We have asked photographers working on our paper project to post usable photos in a script we found and john windmueller (dc techie) put up:

Raven, you mentioned a script that NYC is using. Can you give us a URL to look at?

mark

add your comments

oops
by mark cimino Tuesday March 30, 2004 at 12:08 AM
altpapersparks@yahoo.com 202-462-3270

sorry, I mean Raven and Chris.

and 202-462-3270 is the DC indymedia number. I am there at about 10 in the morning on weekdays if you want to call, we have long distance and I could call ya back.

add your comments

URL for Gallery script
by Raven Friday April 02, 2004 at 10:05 PM
raveneye@riseup.net

Here's the website for the Gallery script I was talking about:

Check it out, I'll look into getting in touch with the techie that set it up here in NYC for F15 and M20 last year and ask them what they think of it for use on this scale. I'll also try to get a wiki going for this project so that we can start talking about it and scheming on a larger, more organized scale.
In the meantime, start thinking about people who might be interested, both as tech to help set it up and admin, as well as people at regional IMCs who would be willing to bring it up to their collectives so that they can consider helping or participating in such a project.

add your comments

Wiki Page Created
by Chris Saturday April 03, 2004 at 10:09 AM
chrisc@indymedia.org

A wiki page for this idea has been set up:

Next we should probably allpy for a imc-photos email list...

Chris

add your comments

Find a co-businessman,together run a print factory寻求合作引
by junjunfeng Monday July 26, 2004 at 10:32 PM
yu7913@etang.com 886-311-6894651,china:13582352393 shijiazhuang ,China 中国石家庄无极

我有一私营企业,印刷厂设备齐全,承揽各种书籍及包装等印刷业务,价格便宜,质量优良。同时寻求合作伙伴,引进外资,共同发展。希望有意的全球各地的朋友与我联系。
I have a print factory/plant. I am eager to find a co-businessman to develope it. and I hope every businessman who want to develope in china tactract me. email: <<yu7913@etang.com >>
<<yu7913@sohu.com>>